Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Best Laid Plans...

...can go somewhat awry.

February started well but suddenly it's the 16th and I haven't posted in nearly 2 weeks. Damn. That wasn't meant to happen. All sorts of other things (real life!) got in the way for a bit; but there'll be some good new posts up soon. I've promised a WomenInHorrow post on Emily Booth, I NEED to write about Birdemic (the world's best worst film) and a whole host of other things I've watched.

For now, I shall just point you in the direction of Paula Haifley's website. Paula was, amongst her fellow students,"the only student to make a thesis film featuring a disembowling", which is - quite frankly - easily reason enough to check out her website and her rather awesome short 'Movie Monster Insurance'


More info on this page!

2 comments:

  1. Edward- if you're in the Los Angeles area, there's going to be a screening of Birdemic at the Cinefamily on 2/27. Rumor has it that the screening with be in Emergo!
    http://www.cinefamily.org/calendar/saturday_late.html#birdemic
    Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have no idea how much I'd love to see Birdemic on a big screen! Sadly, I'm over the other side of the Atlantic, writing from UK/Spain.
    One day it might work its way over here...

    ReplyDelete