Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dario Argento week!


CC licenced photo by Brian Eeles via Wikimedia


This Sunday, the National Media Museum, as part of the Bradford International Film Festival's Widescreen Weekend - a festival strand devoted to screening classic examples of gorgeously presented films - are showing Suspiria by Italian director Dario Argento.

Now I love the Dario Argento films I've seen. More than that, I consider Suspiria one of my favourite films ever. Although the story might not be anything too remarkable, the visual style and the brooding music add up to create one of the most beautiful, tense and atmospheric pieces of film I've ever seen. And I never thought I'd get to see it on a big screen!

Needless to say, I am slightly very excited!

So, between now and Sunday, what better way to anticipate the event than by watching seven other of Argento's films? And writing about them here, of course.

Over the next seven days, I shall watch (in an as yet undecided order)
Profondo Rosso, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Opera, 4 mosche di velluto grigio, Tenebrae, Cat O' Nine Tails and Phenomena.

Buy Tickets to Supiria
Check out the Bradford International Film Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment